Prince Philip discharged from hospital after five nights
London: Prince Philip was on Saturday discharged after spending five days at King Edward VII Hospital in Central London.
While leaving the hospital, Prince Philip shook hands with the staff at hospital and thanked them for caring for him. He was wearing a suit and pink patterned tie.
Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, was admitted to hospital to treat a bladder infection, an ailment that has already forced him to miss much of the celebration of his wife`s 60 years on the throne.
Late Friday night, Prince William and Prince Harry visited their grandfather on his bedside in the hospital.
The Prince, who turns 91 on Sunday, was being treated with antibiotics.
As per report, there would be two gun salutes in London at midday on Monday to mark the birthday of the Duke of Edinburgh. Although Prince Philip is not expected to attend either of the events.
This past Sunday, he joined the Queen on the River Thames in cold, blustery weather for a pageant in honour of Elizabeth`s reign. He was taken to the hospital on Monday, forcing him to miss several key events of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations, including a concert outside Buckingham Palace.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest