Prince Philip misses Diamond Jubilee concert
London: Prince Philip -- the husband of Queen Elizabeth II -- who was hospitalized with a bladder infection could not participate in the Diamond Jubilee concert on Tuesday.
Despite her husband’s illness, the queen appeared at the concert held in front of Buckingham Palace.
Prince Philip,91, was taken to a London hospital on Monday and will remain under observation for a few days, reports say.
The concert featureed acts from the queen`s 60-year-reign including Elton John, Paul McCartney, Cliff Richard, Stevie Wonder, Kylie Minogue and William.
The prince, who underwent an emergency heart procedure in December, appeared in jovial form when he and the queen spent several hours Sunday in chilly conditions as they sailed down the Thames during a 1,000-boat pageant.
The prince married then-Princess Elizabeth in 1947.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress