Prince Philip misses Diamond Jubilee concert
London: Prince Philip -- the husband of Queen Elizabeth II -- who was hospitalized with a bladder infection could not participate in the Diamond Jubilee concert on Tuesday.
Despite her husband’s illness, the queen appeared at the concert held in front of Buckingham Palace.
Prince Philip,91, was taken to a London hospital on Monday and will remain under observation for a few days, reports say.
The concert featureed acts from the queen`s 60-year-reign including Elton John, Paul McCartney, Cliff Richard, Stevie Wonder, Kylie Minogue and William.
The prince, who underwent an emergency heart procedure in December, appeared in jovial form when he and the queen spent several hours Sunday in chilly conditions as they sailed down the Thames during a 1,000-boat pageant.
The prince married then-Princess Elizabeth in 1947.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere