Prince Philip misses Diamond Jubilee concert
London: Prince Philip -- the husband of Queen Elizabeth II -- who was hospitalized with a bladder infection could not participate in the Diamond Jubilee concert on Tuesday.
Despite her husband’s illness, the queen appeared at the concert held in front of Buckingham Palace.
Prince Philip,91, was taken to a London hospital on Monday and will remain under observation for a few days, reports say.
The concert featureed acts from the queen`s 60-year-reign including Elton John, Paul McCartney, Cliff Richard, Stevie Wonder, Kylie Minogue and William.
The prince, who underwent an emergency heart procedure in December, appeared in jovial form when he and the queen spent several hours Sunday in chilly conditions as they sailed down the Thames during a 1,000-boat pageant.
The prince married then-Princess Elizabeth in 1947.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Kashmir violence: Avoid using pellet guns against protesters as far as possible, Rajnath Singh tells security forces
- Pakistan spinner Mohammad Hafeez to undergo retest on modified bowling action
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka