Prince Philip misses Diamond Jubilee concert
London: Prince Philip -- the husband of Queen Elizabeth II -- who was hospitalized with a bladder infection could not participate in the Diamond Jubilee concert on Tuesday.
Despite her husband’s illness, the queen appeared at the concert held in front of Buckingham Palace.
Prince Philip,91, was taken to a London hospital on Monday and will remain under observation for a few days, reports say.
The concert featureed acts from the queen`s 60-year-reign including Elton John, Paul McCartney, Cliff Richard, Stevie Wonder, Kylie Minogue and William.
The prince, who underwent an emergency heart procedure in December, appeared in jovial form when he and the queen spent several hours Sunday in chilly conditions as they sailed down the Thames during a 1,000-boat pageant.
The prince married then-Princess Elizabeth in 1947.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY