Prince Philip misses Diamond Jubilee concert
London: Prince Philip -- the husband of Queen Elizabeth II -- who was hospitalized with a bladder infection could not participate in the Diamond Jubilee concert on Tuesday.
Despite her husband’s illness, the queen appeared at the concert held in front of Buckingham Palace.
Prince Philip,91, was taken to a London hospital on Monday and will remain under observation for a few days, reports say.
The concert featureed acts from the queen`s 60-year-reign including Elton John, Paul McCartney, Cliff Richard, Stevie Wonder, Kylie Minogue and William.
The prince, who underwent an emergency heart procedure in December, appeared in jovial form when he and the queen spent several hours Sunday in chilly conditions as they sailed down the Thames during a 1,000-boat pageant.
The prince married then-Princess Elizabeth in 1947.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?