Prince Philip responding well to treatment
London: Buckingham Palace says Prince Philip will likely remain hospitalised for a few more days while receiving treatment for a recurring bladder infection.
The 91-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II was taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary yesterday.
The palace said today that he is responding well to treatment, but it was unclear when Philip would be released. It said "he is likely to remain in hospital for a few more days."
It is Philip`s third hospital stay in the last eight months. He was hospitalised for five days in June with a bladder infection that may have been aggravated by his appearance at a flotilla marking the queen`s 60-year reign.
In December, he underwent a successful coronary stent procedure to clear a blocked artery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside
- Battles in Libya's Sirte kill 34 fighters, injure over 180