Prince Philip responding well to treatment
London: Buckingham Palace says Prince Philip will likely remain hospitalised for a few more days while receiving treatment for a recurring bladder infection.
The 91-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II was taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary yesterday.
The palace said today that he is responding well to treatment, but it was unclear when Philip would be released. It said "he is likely to remain in hospital for a few more days."
It is Philip`s third hospital stay in the last eight months. He was hospitalised for five days in June with a bladder infection that may have been aggravated by his appearance at a flotilla marking the queen`s 60-year reign.
In December, he underwent a successful coronary stent procedure to clear a blocked artery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you