Prince Philip responding well to treatment
London: Buckingham Palace says Prince Philip will likely remain hospitalised for a few more days while receiving treatment for a recurring bladder infection.
The 91-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II was taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary yesterday.
The palace said today that he is responding well to treatment, but it was unclear when Philip would be released. It said "he is likely to remain in hospital for a few more days."
It is Philip`s third hospital stay in the last eight months. He was hospitalised for five days in June with a bladder infection that may have been aggravated by his appearance at a flotilla marking the queen`s 60-year reign.
In December, he underwent a successful coronary stent procedure to clear a blocked artery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre