Prince Philip responding well to treatment
London: Buckingham Palace says Prince Philip will likely remain hospitalised for a few more days while receiving treatment for a recurring bladder infection.
The 91-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II was taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary yesterday.
The palace said today that he is responding well to treatment, but it was unclear when Philip would be released. It said "he is likely to remain in hospital for a few more days."
It is Philip`s third hospital stay in the last eight months. He was hospitalised for five days in June with a bladder infection that may have been aggravated by his appearance at a flotilla marking the queen`s 60-year reign.
In December, he underwent a successful coronary stent procedure to clear a blocked artery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'