Prince Philip set to resume official duties after operation
London: Prince Philip, the ailing husband of Queen Elizabeth II, will appear in public for the first time in two months on August 12 after having surgery on his abdomen in June.
The prince, 92, will be seen in public for the first time after his operation when he visits the Royal Society of Edinburgh on August 12, the Buckingham Palace has announced.
He had an operation on his abdomen in June and spent 11 nights at a private London hospital.
The Palace said the Queen`s husband was making "good progress" and "in good spirits".
Philip will present medals at the independent educational charity before joining the 87-year-old Queen at Balmoral, the BBC reported.
He was admitted to hospital on June 6 after attending a Buckingham Palace garden party.
An exploratory operation was carried out under general anaesthetic the following day, after which he was said to be "progressing satisfactorily".
Philip was last seen in public on June 17 when he walked out of the hospital here and was driven to Windsor Castle.
He will travel to Edinburgh from the Queen`s Sandringham estate in Norfolk, where he has been recuperating.
Prince Philip is an honorary fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, which was established in 1783 for the advancement of "learning and useful knowledge".
After the engagement he will join the Queen for their summer holiday at Balmoral, her private estate in the Scottish Highlands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video