Prince William and Kate Middleton marriage details announced
London: Britain`s royal palace on Wednesday
released new details of upcoming wedding of Prince William and
Kate Middleton, announcing that the couple would be married by
Rowan Williams, the Archbishop of Canterbury, at a Westminster
Abbey service on April 29.
The service, at 11 am on April 29, will be conducted
by the dean of the Abbey, the Very Rev John Hall, St James
Palace has announced here today.
The Archbishop of Centerbury Rowan Williams will marry
the couple and the Right Rev Richard Chartres, the Bishop of
London and a lonstanding friend of the royal family, will give
The Palace says Miss Middleton will travel to the
ceremony by car along the traditional processional route of
the Mall, Horse Guards Parade, Whitehall and Parliament
The new-weds couple will return along the same route,
but this time in a carriage procession.
The Queen will host a reception at the Palace,
followed by a private dinner and dancing in the evening.
The Royal Wedding will be marked with an official
public holiday across the UK.
The couple, both 28, got engaged while on holiday in
Kenya in October last year.
Prince William proposed with his mother Diana`s
diamond and sapphire engagement ring.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY