Prince William and Kate Middleton marriage details announced
London: Britain`s royal palace on Wednesday
released new details of upcoming wedding of Prince William and
Kate Middleton, announcing that the couple would be married by
Rowan Williams, the Archbishop of Canterbury, at a Westminster
Abbey service on April 29.
The service, at 11 am on April 29, will be conducted
by the dean of the Abbey, the Very Rev John Hall, St James
Palace has announced here today.
The Archbishop of Centerbury Rowan Williams will marry
the couple and the Right Rev Richard Chartres, the Bishop of
London and a lonstanding friend of the royal family, will give
The Palace says Miss Middleton will travel to the
ceremony by car along the traditional processional route of
the Mall, Horse Guards Parade, Whitehall and Parliament
The new-weds couple will return along the same route,
but this time in a carriage procession.
The Queen will host a reception at the Palace,
followed by a private dinner and dancing in the evening.
The Royal Wedding will be marked with an official
public holiday across the UK.
The couple, both 28, got engaged while on holiday in
Kenya in October last year.
Prince William proposed with his mother Diana`s
diamond and sapphire engagement ring.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof