Prince William and Kate Middleton marriage details announced
London: Britain`s royal palace on Wednesday
released new details of upcoming wedding of Prince William and
Kate Middleton, announcing that the couple would be married by
Rowan Williams, the Archbishop of Canterbury, at a Westminster
Abbey service on April 29.
The service, at 11 am on April 29, will be conducted
by the dean of the Abbey, the Very Rev John Hall, St James
Palace has announced here today.
The Archbishop of Centerbury Rowan Williams will marry
the couple and the Right Rev Richard Chartres, the Bishop of
London and a lonstanding friend of the royal family, will give
The Palace says Miss Middleton will travel to the
ceremony by car along the traditional processional route of
the Mall, Horse Guards Parade, Whitehall and Parliament
The new-weds couple will return along the same route,
but this time in a carriage procession.
The Queen will host a reception at the Palace,
followed by a private dinner and dancing in the evening.
The Royal Wedding will be marked with an official
public holiday across the UK.
The couple, both 28, got engaged while on holiday in
Kenya in October last year.
Prince William proposed with his mother Diana`s
diamond and sapphire engagement ring.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to become cheaper; Circle rates reduced by 15%
- Iranians pray for peace on holy night
- Goa to continue getting incessant rains till July 1: Met
- Hotness overload! Ranveer Singh, Fawad Khan bromance on reel?
- NIA officer Tanzil Ahmed murder case: Prime accused Muneer nabbed by UP STF