Prince William appointed `personal aide de camp` to the Queen
London: Prince William has been given a new royal role as `personal aide de camp` to the Queen, it has been announced.
The 30-year-old royal`s honorary appointment was detailed in the Court Circular, and the Duke of Cambridge wore the insignia for the first time at the St Patrick`s Day parade for the 1st Battalion Irish Guards at Mons Barracks in Aldershot, Hampshire, the Guardian reported.
The new position has few responsibilities but will be seen as symbol of William`s growing role within the royal family.
The Court Circular said that the Queen "has been pleased to appoint The Duke of Cambridge as a personal aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty" with effect from Sunday.
William`s father Prince Charles is also a personal aide-de-camp to the monarch, as is his grandfather Prince Philip.
Last summer, William, second-in-line, to the throne was given the highest honour in Scotland after he was installed as a Royal Knight of the Order of the Thistle at a service in Edinburgh; he is also a Knight of the Garter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know