Prince William `had doubts about marrying Kate`
New York: Prince William was so scarred by his parent`s broken marriage that he doubted whether he could be faithful to Kate, a new book has claimed.
According to veteran royal reporter Penny Junor`s biography ‘Prince William, Born to Be King,’ with the failed marriage of his parents Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana still weighing on him, he had hesitated.
“The problem was William: he had very real worries about whether it was possible to love just one woman,” the New York Daily News quoted Junor as writing.
“After his hurricane childhood, he was understandably cautious about committing to a relationship.”
The couple has had their share of troubles before tying the knot last year, including a high-profile 2007 split.
“Their most public breakup was initiated by William,” wrote Junor.
“What brought him running back, according to someone who knows him well, was jealousy. Although his girlfriend had been miserable, she hadn’t sat moping at home but had hit the town night after night, wearing a brave face and a sexy dress.”
It was not just the now 30-year-old Kate’s nights out that irritated the Prince.
“Kate had always wanted rather more commitment than he was prepared to give,” Junor has written.
Still, according to the book, Charles and Diana’s eldest son, now 29, had trouble with women long before he met his future wife.
Chronicling the lives of the royals is nothing new for Junor as she has also written biographies of Prince Charles, Princess Diana and Queen Elizabeth.
However, Junor’s history with the royal family hasn’t always made her job easier.
“I have been called vile, villainous and evil,” she has said of responses to the book, which has been accused of shilling for Prince Charles and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, and disparaging both William`s wife and his mother, Di.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections