Prince William `had doubts about marrying Kate`
New York: Prince William was so scarred by his parent`s broken marriage that he doubted whether he could be faithful to Kate, a new book has claimed.
According to veteran royal reporter Penny Junor`s biography ‘Prince William, Born to Be King,’ with the failed marriage of his parents Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana still weighing on him, he had hesitated.
“The problem was William: he had very real worries about whether it was possible to love just one woman,” the New York Daily News quoted Junor as writing.
“After his hurricane childhood, he was understandably cautious about committing to a relationship.”
The couple has had their share of troubles before tying the knot last year, including a high-profile 2007 split.
“Their most public breakup was initiated by William,” wrote Junor.
“What brought him running back, according to someone who knows him well, was jealousy. Although his girlfriend had been miserable, she hadn’t sat moping at home but had hit the town night after night, wearing a brave face and a sexy dress.”
It was not just the now 30-year-old Kate’s nights out that irritated the Prince.
“Kate had always wanted rather more commitment than he was prepared to give,” Junor has written.
Still, according to the book, Charles and Diana’s eldest son, now 29, had trouble with women long before he met his future wife.
Chronicling the lives of the royals is nothing new for Junor as she has also written biographies of Prince Charles, Princess Diana and Queen Elizabeth.
However, Junor’s history with the royal family hasn’t always made her job easier.
“I have been called vile, villainous and evil,” she has said of responses to the book, which has been accused of shilling for Prince Charles and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, and disparaging both William`s wife and his mother, Di.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city