Prince William has Indian ancestry, hunt on for Gujarati cousin
London: Hunt has been on in India for possible cousins and relatives of Prince William after it emerged that he has a sliver of Indian ancestry.
Attention was focused on the city of Surat in the state of Gujarat after it was revealed that Eliza Kewark , the prince`s great, great, great, great, great grandmother, was of Indian origin.
In 1812, Kewark gave birth to Prince Williams`s great, great, great, great grandmother, Katharine Scott Forbes, the Independent reported.
Scottish-based company Britains DNA carried out tests on DNA supplied by two of Eliza`s living direct descendants, who are both third cousins of Princess Diana`s mother, Frances Shand Kydd.
The tests revealed that William carries Kewark`s mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA).
- US, Russia in bids to halt fighting in Syria`s Aleppo
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?