Prince William leads mission to rescue missing sailors
London: Prince William has joined a Royal
Air Force mission to rescue eight sailors on board a cargo
ship which sank in a storm in the Irish Sea, media reports
said on Sunday.
The Duke of Cambridge, second in line to the British
throne, helped lead rescue efforts for eight sailors on board
a cargo ship which sank in a storm off the coast of north
William, 29, co-piloted an RAF Sea King helicopter which
lifted two crew members from the Swanland to safety in the
early today, Sunday Telegraph reported.
The body of one of their fellow seamen was later recovered
from the Irish Sea amid gale force winds after the vessel`s
hull split in half off the Llyn Peninsula.
Hopes were fading for five others, all understood to be
Russian, after a life raft from the stricken ship was found on
rocks on Bardsey Island.
Although the Duke of Cambridge is a co-pilot in the RAF
Search and Rescue Force at Valley, it is not yet known whether
he was involved.
Prince William married his longtime girlfriend, the then
Catherine Middleton, on 29 April this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!