Prince William to go to the Falklands: Report
London: Sky News is reporting that Britain`s Prince William will be deployed to the Falkland Islands next year.
The news channel cited unidentified sources in reporting that the second in line to the British throne would spend six weeks at the British outpost 290 miles (460 kilometres) east of the coast of Argentina in the Atlantic Ocean.
The Ministry of Defence says an announcement will take place later Thursday. William`s office declined to comment.
Argentina claims sovereignty over the British-governed islands. Next year marks the 30th anniversary of the Argentine invasion of the islands. British forces retook the islands in 1982 after a brief war.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India