Prince William to go to the Falklands: Report
London: Sky News is reporting that Britain`s Prince William will be deployed to the Falkland Islands next year.
The news channel cited unidentified sources in reporting that the second in line to the British throne would spend six weeks at the British outpost 290 miles (460 kilometres) east of the coast of Argentina in the Atlantic Ocean.
The Ministry of Defence says an announcement will take place later Thursday. William`s office declined to comment.
Argentina claims sovereignty over the British-governed islands. Next year marks the 30th anniversary of the Argentine invasion of the islands. British forces retook the islands in 1982 after a brief war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters