Prince William vows to protect pregnant Kate from paparazzi
Wellington: Prince William refuses to be “hounded” by paparazzi in the wake of the baby news, which emerged after the Duchess of Cambridge was admitted to hospital due to acute morning sickness, a source close to the heir to the throne has revealed.
Since news of the pregnancy, the world’s media have gathered outside the hospital where Kate is being treated.
However, William will reportedly not allow a repeat of what happened with his mother, Princess Diana of Wales, Stuff.co.nz reported.
The princess died in a car accident in 1997, and was shadowed by the press throughout her life.
In September, French magazine Closer printed topless pictures of Catherine as she and Prince William were enjoying a holiday in Provence, sparking international scandal and a lawsuit.
William will not allow Catherine or his unborn child to undergo similar media pressure, according to sources.
“William has always had distrust, bordering on outright loathing, for the press,” a source told Radar Online.
“It all stems from his childhood - watching the way his mother was built up and then torn down by the media and ultimately, he strongly believes to this day, hounded to her death by overzealous paparazzi.
“He has vowed to do everything in his power to protect Kate from the media frenzy surrounding her pregnancy and Heaven help anyone who crosses the line,” the source said.
The source added that at William’s behest the Queen instructed Palace bigwigs to individually call all of the chiefs at the British newspapers immediately following the pregnancy announcement and warn them, “in no uncertain terms, that if any lines are crossed, any intrusive paparazzi shots are purchased and published, or if Kate feels hounded in anyway there will be hell to pay.”
“William was deeply hurt and angered by the topless photo scandal Kate was forced to endure over the summer, and has made it crystal clear that, make no mistake, he will not allow his wife to be subjected to such blatant intrusion and humiliation ever again,” the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest