Prince William wants to remain as a RAF pilot
London: Prince William has reportedly told the Queen that he wants to carry on in his job as an RAF pilot for as long as possible before he becomes a full-time royal.
The 28-year-old second-in-line to the British throne is desperate to delay plans to enter the "family firm", and instead wants to focus on his job as a search and rescue
pilot, the Daily Mail reported.
His decision to stay in the RAF after 2013, when he is due to leave, has the full support of both his grandmother and his father, Prince Charles, the report said.
Flight Lieutenant Wales, as he is known in the force, works as a Sea King co-pilot based at RAF Valley on Anglesey.
According to the report, the Duke of Cambridge has discussed his decision with the Queen and Prince Charles, both of whom have given their unequivocal support.
"The Queen, in particular, is very sympathetic to the Duke of Cambridge`s feelings on the subject," a source close to the prince was quoted as saying.
"She, more than anyone, knows what it is like to take on full-time royal duties at a young age.
"Both she and the Prince of Wales are very much of the opinion that Prince William should seize the opportunity to enjoy his career in the RAF while he can."
Last week, William had told the British tabloid that he was in no rush to ponder his future royal role, let alone the idea of becoming king.
"I try not to think about it, to be honest," he had said.
"As I`m flying along in my helicopter through the mountains of Wales, I try desperately hard not to think about it. That can wait until I`m a bit older."
The future king currently combines his job as a Sea King co-pilot with around 40 public engagements a year in connection with the charities he supports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you