Prince William wants to remain as a RAF pilot
London: Prince William has reportedly told the Queen that he wants to carry on in his job as an RAF pilot for as long as possible before he becomes a full-time royal.
The 28-year-old second-in-line to the British throne is desperate to delay plans to enter the "family firm", and instead wants to focus on his job as a search and rescue
pilot, the Daily Mail reported.
His decision to stay in the RAF after 2013, when he is due to leave, has the full support of both his grandmother and his father, Prince Charles, the report said.
Flight Lieutenant Wales, as he is known in the force, works as a Sea King co-pilot based at RAF Valley on Anglesey.
According to the report, the Duke of Cambridge has discussed his decision with the Queen and Prince Charles, both of whom have given their unequivocal support.
"The Queen, in particular, is very sympathetic to the Duke of Cambridge`s feelings on the subject," a source close to the prince was quoted as saying.
"She, more than anyone, knows what it is like to take on full-time royal duties at a young age.
"Both she and the Prince of Wales are very much of the opinion that Prince William should seize the opportunity to enjoy his career in the RAF while he can."
Last week, William had told the British tabloid that he was in no rush to ponder his future royal role, let alone the idea of becoming king.
"I try not to think about it, to be honest," he had said.
"As I`m flying along in my helicopter through the mountains of Wales, I try desperately hard not to think about it. That can wait until I`m a bit older."
The future king currently combines his job as a Sea King co-pilot with around 40 public engagements a year in connection with the charities he supports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble