Prince William`s posting to Falklands defended
London: British officials have defended the deployment of Prince William to the Falkland Islands, after Argentina reportedly condemned the move as a provocative act.
Both countries fought a brief war in 1982 over the islands, which are 290 miles (460 kilometres) east of Argentina`s coast.
David Richards, the chief of Britain`s armed forces, said on Sunday the decision to deploy the prince next year —the 30th anniversary of the Falklands War — as an Air Force search and rescue pilot "wasn`t and isn`t designed to be" provocative.
Officials announced on Wednesday that William will spend six weeks in February and March at the British outpost. It was condemned by an Argentine official, Sebastian Brugo Marco, in the paper La Nacion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read