Prince`s wife Camilla breaks leg on Scotland walk
London: Prince Charles` wife, Camilla, has broken her leg while hillwalking in Scotland, but plans to keep up all her scheduled engagements, a royal spokeswoman said on Thursday.
She is likely to wear a plaster cast for about six weeks, by which time the "relatively minor" injury should have healed, experts said.
"While hillwalking in slippery conditions in Scotland, the Duchess of Cornwall took a tumble and hurt her leg," a spokeswoman for Clarence House said after the accident yesterday.
Following doctor`s advice on Thursday, Camilla -- who has been staying on the royal family`s Balmoral country estate in Scotland -- had an X-ray "which showed a twisted fracture of the fibula”, she added.
"Consequently her royal highness is wearing a plaster cast and will be for six weeks. She has been advised not to put weight on her leg, and her royal highness has every intention of carrying out all planned engagements."
Camilla was said to be comfortable and philosophical about the accident, said the spokeswoman.
"The Duchess is cheerful and it`s a case of `Life goes on -- it could be worse`," she said.
Charles, 61, eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II and heir to the British throne, married the former Camilla Parker-Bowles in April 2005. His previous marriage to the late princess Diana ended in divorce in August 1996.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- National Anthem disrespect: Farooq Abdullah offers apology, says 'sorry, if I offended anyone'
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in