Princess Diana feared she was spied on constantly
London: Princess Diana feared that she was the victim of a relentless phone hacking campaign in the last years of her life, a media report said.
The late Princess of Wales, who was killed in a car crash in Paris in 1997, regularly changed her mobile after security experts warned her that she was the target of spies, snoopers and phone tappers, a British newspaper reported.
"It was clear that was a concern to her," the British newspaper quoted her former private secretary Michael Gibbins as telling her inquest in 2007.
Not only Diana, her sons Prince William and Prince Harry were also victims of Glenn Mulcaire, a private detective employed by the `News of the World`, Britain`s best-selling Sunday tabloid, the report said.
One hacked message is said to have featured William pretending to be his brother`s girlfriend, ticking him off for staying out late, the newspaper said.
Mulcaire was jailed in 2007 for hacking into messages for three aides working for the Princes. The Duchess of York is also believed to have been a hacking victim, it added. James Murdoch, the chairman of News International, yesterday announced the closure of the `News of the World` following a ruckus over its news gathering practices that involved the illegal hacking of phones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why