`Princess Diana was under probe after bomb threat`
London: The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) has published in its website that Princess Diana was the subject of its investigation after an agent was told someone had mailed a bomb ‘as a wedding present’.
The investigation was opened when a woman phoned from Annapolis, Maryland, and said she had overheard a conversation that a man had mailed a bomb to the Prince and Princess of Wales ahead of their wedding in July 1981, reports the Telegraph.
The investigation was subsequently dropped when the man who made the alleged threat said he had spoken ‘sarcastically’.
The files are among thousands released on a new FBI website called ``the Vault’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth