`Princess Diana was under probe after bomb threat`
London: The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) has published in its website that Princess Diana was the subject of its investigation after an agent was told someone had mailed a bomb ‘as a wedding present’.
The investigation was opened when a woman phoned from Annapolis, Maryland, and said she had overheard a conversation that a man had mailed a bomb to the Prince and Princess of Wales ahead of their wedding in July 1981, reports the Telegraph.
The investigation was subsequently dropped when the man who made the alleged threat said he had spoken ‘sarcastically’.
The files are among thousands released on a new FBI website called ``the Vault’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened