`Princess Diana was under probe after bomb threat`
London: The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) has published in its website that Princess Diana was the subject of its investigation after an agent was told someone had mailed a bomb ‘as a wedding present’.
The investigation was opened when a woman phoned from Annapolis, Maryland, and said she had overheard a conversation that a man had mailed a bomb to the Prince and Princess of Wales ahead of their wedding in July 1981, reports the Telegraph.
The investigation was subsequently dropped when the man who made the alleged threat said he had spoken ‘sarcastically’.
The files are among thousands released on a new FBI website called ``the Vault’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says