Princess Diana`s `murder tipster` is a decorated war hero
London: The former SAS sniper, known as Soldier N, who had claimed that Princess Diana`s death in a car crash was actually a murder, is a decorated British war hero, it has been revealed.
He had won the Army`s longest standing gallantry award in Bosnia and was also a mentioned in Despatches for his courage in defending a UN convoy that was ambushed and came under heavy fire in 1995.
A senior military source said that Soldier N has shown exemplary courage throughout his career from his earliest days in the regular Army until his last deployment with the British military, the Daily Star reported.
The insider said that Soldier N`s service was brought to an end by an error of judgment for which he has paid a heavy price.
He has admitted his guilt, accepted his punishment and left the Army, the source asserted.
The insider insisted that attempts have been made to discredit this fine soldier over statements he is alleged to have made while going through a divorce.
The source added that throughout the regrettable affair, Soldier N has not uttered one word of protest about his treatment, about what has been said of him or about the personal cost of accepting the consequences of his actions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III