Prison break plot foiled in Bahrain
Manama: Eight members of a terrorist outfit have been arrested as Bahraini police foiled their attempt to break into a detention centre, the interior ministry said.
The ministry said the eight suspects were arrested June 21-22 for their involvement in the attack, and that another suspect was on the run, Xinhua reported.
Two Kalashnikovs, 143 Kalashnikov bullets, five loaded magazines and a gun were confiscated from the suspects.
Investigators found that the gunmen received financial support and training from militant groups in Iran, Lebanon and Iraq, the ministry said.
The investigation also revealed that the suspects are members of a terror cell known as "Al Imam Army" that previously targeted important sites in Bahrain, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video