Prison break plot foiled in Bahrain
Manama: Eight members of a terrorist outfit have been arrested as Bahraini police foiled their attempt to break into a detention centre, the interior ministry said.
The ministry said the eight suspects were arrested June 21-22 for their involvement in the attack, and that another suspect was on the run, Xinhua reported.
Two Kalashnikovs, 143 Kalashnikov bullets, five loaded magazines and a gun were confiscated from the suspects.
Investigators found that the gunmen received financial support and training from militant groups in Iran, Lebanon and Iraq, the ministry said.
The investigation also revealed that the suspects are members of a terror cell known as "Al Imam Army" that previously targeted important sites in Bahrain, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic