Prison break plot foiled in Bahrain
Manama: Eight members of a terrorist outfit have been arrested as Bahraini police foiled their attempt to break into a detention centre, the interior ministry said.
The ministry said the eight suspects were arrested June 21-22 for their involvement in the attack, and that another suspect was on the run, Xinhua reported.
Two Kalashnikovs, 143 Kalashnikov bullets, five loaded magazines and a gun were confiscated from the suspects.
Investigators found that the gunmen received financial support and training from militant groups in Iran, Lebanon and Iraq, the ministry said.
The investigation also revealed that the suspects are members of a terror cell known as "Al Imam Army" that previously targeted important sites in Bahrain, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune