Pro-Syria regime hackers target Al Jazeera website
London: The website of Qatar-based television station Al Jazeera has been defaced, apparently by hackers loyal to the Syrian regime.
A Syrian flag and a statement denouncing the station’s coverage of Syria conflict was posted on the Arabic site.
“This is in response to your position against the people and government of Syria, especially your support of the armed terrorist groups and spreading false fabricated news.”
According to the BBC, a statement from al-Jazeera confirmed that the issue was ‘quickly resolved.
The website is now operating normally.
It is the latest in a series of attacks against al-Jazeera and other media companies.
The UK-based Reuters news website was targeted by pro-Syrian government hackers last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi