Pro-Syria regime hackers target Al Jazeera website
London: The website of Qatar-based television station Al Jazeera has been defaced, apparently by hackers loyal to the Syrian regime.
A Syrian flag and a statement denouncing the station’s coverage of Syria conflict was posted on the Arabic site.
“This is in response to your position against the people and government of Syria, especially your support of the armed terrorist groups and spreading false fabricated news.”
According to the BBC, a statement from al-Jazeera confirmed that the issue was ‘quickly resolved.
The website is now operating normally.
It is the latest in a series of attacks against al-Jazeera and other media companies.
The UK-based Reuters news website was targeted by pro-Syrian government hackers last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi