Pro-Syria regime hackers target Al Jazeera website
London: The website of Qatar-based television station Al Jazeera has been defaced, apparently by hackers loyal to the Syrian regime.
A Syrian flag and a statement denouncing the station’s coverage of Syria conflict was posted on the Arabic site.
“This is in response to your position against the people and government of Syria, especially your support of the armed terrorist groups and spreading false fabricated news.”
According to the BBC, a statement from al-Jazeera confirmed that the issue was ‘quickly resolved.
The website is now operating normally.
It is the latest in a series of attacks against al-Jazeera and other media companies.
The UK-based Reuters news website was targeted by pro-Syrian government hackers last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Nepalese 'donate' petrol to India in satirical protest