Pro-Syria regime hackers target Al Jazeera website
London: The website of Qatar-based television station Al Jazeera has been defaced, apparently by hackers loyal to the Syrian regime.
A Syrian flag and a statement denouncing the station’s coverage of Syria conflict was posted on the Arabic site.
“This is in response to your position against the people and government of Syria, especially your support of the armed terrorist groups and spreading false fabricated news.”
According to the BBC, a statement from al-Jazeera confirmed that the issue was ‘quickly resolved.
The website is now operating normally.
It is the latest in a series of attacks against al-Jazeera and other media companies.
The UK-based Reuters news website was targeted by pro-Syrian government hackers last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL