Pro-Syria regime hackers target Al Jazeera website
London: The website of Qatar-based television station Al Jazeera has been defaced, apparently by hackers loyal to the Syrian regime.
A Syrian flag and a statement denouncing the station’s coverage of Syria conflict was posted on the Arabic site.
“This is in response to your position against the people and government of Syria, especially your support of the armed terrorist groups and spreading false fabricated news.”
According to the BBC, a statement from al-Jazeera confirmed that the issue was ‘quickly resolved.
The website is now operating normally.
It is the latest in a series of attacks against al-Jazeera and other media companies.
The UK-based Reuters news website was targeted by pro-Syrian government hackers last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth