Probe finds US passports still vulnerable to fraud
Washington: Posing as someone else and using fake birth certificates and driver`s licenses still can obtain official US passports.
For the second time in two years, government investigators exploited a gaping hole in the US security system by deliberately using fraudulent material to apply for US passports.
The investigation by the Government Accountability Office, detailed before a Senate committee on Thursday, underscores that despite security overhauls since the September 11, 2001, terror attacks on the United States, the State Department`s system for issuing passports remains vulnerable to fraud.
The problem not only highlights potential national security lapses but also shows how illegally obtained US passports, one of the most sought-after travel documents in the world, could provide cover for drug dealers, murderers and others trying to avoid capture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you