Probe launched over ‘serial sex predator’ attacking Oz women
Sydney: Australian police officials are investigating whether an eastern suburbs sex attacker has struck for the ninth time, according to a report.
Sexual crime squad detectives in Down Under are investigating after a woman was attacked while walking home from Camberwell train station on Thursday, November 29.
The 27-year-old Hawthorn woman was approached from behind and indecently assaulted when she reached the corner of Burke Rd and Leura Grove about 10.30pm, the Herald Sun reports.
According to the paper, the woman had gotten off a train at the station and was walking home at the time, while the man fled the scene after the alleged attack.
Detectives are still determining whether the incident is linked to a series of assaults against eight women in separate incidents since August 3, in Lower Templestowe, Doncaster, Box Hill, Balwyn North and Camberwell, the paper said.
On each of those occasions the man approached his victims from behind and indecently assaulted them before fleeing on foot, it added.
The attacker in the most recent incident was aged in his mid-20s, olive skin, about 172 cm tall, muscular build, black short spiky hair and wearing a dark t-shirt and shorts. Police urged anyone who was the victim of a sexual assault to call 000 and report the matter immediately, the report concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital