Probe seeking Afghan leak source: US Attorney General
Cairo: US Attorney General Eric Holder
says an investigation by the Pentagon and Justice Department
will determine whether criminal charges will be filed in the
leaking of Afghanistan war secrets.
Holder, speaking to reporters during a visit to
Egypt today, says the investigation aims to determine the
source of the leak. He says "whether there will be criminal
charges brought will depend on how the investigation goes".
He says he "deplores" the leak, adding, "it is not
really in the national interest of the United States."
Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell said yesterday
that the Defense Department has launched a "very robust
investigation" into the leak of secret documents on the war in
Afghanistan published Sunday by WikiLeaks, an online site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued