Prominent Syrian comedian killed in Damascus
Beirut: A prominent Syrian comedian was killed on Sunday in Damascus after apparently being caught in the crossfire between rebels and government troops.
The SANA state news agency says Yassin Bakoush was killed by a rebel mortar round that landed on his car in the Yarmouk Palestinian refugee camp in southern Damascus.
The anti-regime Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says Bakoush was killed when a rocket-propelled grenade launched by government troops slammed into his car.
The part of Damascus where Bakoush was killed has been hit by fierce clashes between rebels and regime forces in recent months.
The 75-year-old Bakoush was known for playing characters that were likeable but naive and dim-witted. SANA said Bakoush is survived by 11 children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'