Prominent Syrian comedian killed in Damascus
Beirut: A prominent Syrian comedian was killed on Sunday in Damascus after apparently being caught in the crossfire between rebels and government troops.
The SANA state news agency says Yassin Bakoush was killed by a rebel mortar round that landed on his car in the Yarmouk Palestinian refugee camp in southern Damascus.
The anti-regime Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says Bakoush was killed when a rocket-propelled grenade launched by government troops slammed into his car.
The part of Damascus where Bakoush was killed has been hit by fierce clashes between rebels and regime forces in recent months.
The 75-year-old Bakoush was known for playing characters that were likeable but naive and dim-witted. SANA said Bakoush is survived by 11 children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...