`Prophet`s cartoon irresponsible sensationalism`
Rome: Italian Foreign Minster Giulio Terzi Wednesday described a French weekly`s ridiculing of Prophet Mohammed as "irresponsible sensationalism" which has fuelled anger in the Muslim world, Xinhua reported.
The French magazine Charlie Hebdo Wednesday portrayed Prophet Mohammad naked in cartoons, exacerbating the outrage in the Muslim world after a US-produced anti-Islam film "Innocence of Muslims" already sparked protests all over the world last week.
"Religions are fundamental, they are important for many billions of people, and no one should allow themselves to mock them or joke about these values," Terzi said.
The minister criticised that some people in the West were guilty of "irresponsible sensationalism" by abusing "deep religious sensibilities that must be respected for personal advantage".
Pointed out that it was possible to prosecute those who had offended religion under Italy`s criminal code, the French minister said: "I think this should be a common principle to all the countries of the world."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof