Prosecutors file murder charges in Brazil fire
Sao Paulo: Prosecutors have filed charges against eight people in connection with a deadly nightclub fire in southern Brazil that killed 241 people earlier this year.
The January 27 fire roared through the crowded, windowless Kiss nightclub in the city of Santa Maria, filling the air with flames and thick, toxic smoke.
Police have said the band performing at the club lit a flare, which ignited flammable soundproofing foam on the ceiling. That released a deadly combination of cyanide, carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide.
Prosecutor David Medina yesterday said in a press conference that the two owners of the nightclub and two members of the band have been charged with murder.
Two others were charged with perjury and two with evidence tampering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan