Prostitution scandal: Secret Service agent identified
Washington: The Secret Service agent at the centre of the prostitution scandal - during US President Barack Obama`s visit to Colombia - has been identified as Arthur Huntington, CNN reported.
According to sources, the 41-year-old Huntington was the agent in a seventh-floor hotel room in Cartagena who had a dispute over payment with an escort.
The alleged prostitutes -- the youngest of whom were in their early 20s -- signed in at Hotel Caribe.
One of the women, 24-year-old Dania Suarez, was allegedly involved in a dispute about how much she was to be paid for the night, which brought the entire incident to light.
Suarez, through a statement credited to her attorney, said she was an escort, not a prostitute, CNN said.
At least three agents assigned to rooms on the seventh floor left Cartagena early, according to hotel records.
Two agents have been cleared to return to work, sources told CNN.
Huntington and his family member have refused to comment. His residence has been listed for sale, the report said.
Huntington is married and the father of two boys, according to neighbours.
A woman who identified herself as a family friend termed the situation "heartbreaking".
"I know him and his character. I would question the allegations," she said.
On Friday, the Secret Service distributed new rules for its agents on assignment in a bid to prevent a repeat of such alleged misconduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi