Protect lives of religious minorities: US to Pak
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: After 25 Shia pilgrims were killed by terrorists in Balochistan, the US has severely condemned the tragic incident and has asked Pakistan to take steps to protect the lives of its religious minorities.
State Department Spokesperson Jen Psaki said ,"We encourage the government to take steps to protect and improve the lives of members of Pakistan`s minorities and take concrete steps to promote tolerance and religious freedom."
"Regrettably, the Pakistani people face violent assaults from numerous groups. On the same day as the airport attack, Shia pilgrims were murdered in Balochistan, the latest innocent victims of sectarian violence," she further said.
"The United States also sends its sincere condolences to those affected by this heinous attack and strongly condemns those responsible. Extremist violence against innocent Pakistani men, women, and children of any faith is an assault on universal human values," Psaki said.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case
- SHOCKING! 1,012 rapes in UP in last 5 months, says govt
- Katrina Kaif and Sidharth Malhotra's sizzling chemistry in 'Baar Baar Dekho' is making us crazy!
- Kareena is part of 'Veere Di Wedding': Sonam Kapoor
- Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Baadshaho' begins shoot!