Protect lives of religious minorities: US to Pak
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: After 25 Shia pilgrims were killed by terrorists in Balochistan, the US has severely condemned the tragic incident and has asked Pakistan to take steps to protect the lives of its religious minorities.
State Department Spokesperson Jen Psaki said ,"We encourage the government to take steps to protect and improve the lives of members of Pakistan`s minorities and take concrete steps to promote tolerance and religious freedom."
"Regrettably, the Pakistani people face violent assaults from numerous groups. On the same day as the airport attack, Shia pilgrims were murdered in Balochistan, the latest innocent victims of sectarian violence," she further said.
"The United States also sends its sincere condolences to those affected by this heinous attack and strongly condemns those responsible. Extremist violence against innocent Pakistani men, women, and children of any faith is an assault on universal human values," Psaki said.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA