Protect lives of religious minorities: US to Pak
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: After 25 Shia pilgrims were killed by terrorists in Balochistan, the US has severely condemned the tragic incident and has asked Pakistan to take steps to protect the lives of its religious minorities.
State Department Spokesperson Jen Psaki said ,"We encourage the government to take steps to protect and improve the lives of members of Pakistan`s minorities and take concrete steps to promote tolerance and religious freedom."
"Regrettably, the Pakistani people face violent assaults from numerous groups. On the same day as the airport attack, Shia pilgrims were murdered in Balochistan, the latest innocent victims of sectarian violence," she further said.
"The United States also sends its sincere condolences to those affected by this heinous attack and strongly condemns those responsible. Extremist violence against innocent Pakistani men, women, and children of any faith is an assault on universal human values," Psaki said.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part V
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Cook, Root tons help hosts post 314/4 on Day 1
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media