Protest in Nigeria against anti-Islam film
Abuja: Chanting anti-US slogans, tens of thousands of people marched through Nigeria`s second largest city of Kano on Saturday in protest against an anti-Islam film that has sparked outrage across the Muslim world.
The protesters demanded that the US take action to stop further spread of the film through internet.
Eyewitnesses said the demonstrators stretched kilometres through the city, shouting anti-American and anti-Israeli slogans.
A pro-Iranian group, Islamic Movement of Nigeria, that identifies with Shiite Muslims, organised the demonstration after holding a similar rally a few days ago in another northern city of Zaria.
They marched to the palace of the Emir of Kano, carrying pictures of US President Barack Obama.
Some demonstrators also waved Iranian flags.
Nigerian protests have so far remained peaceful.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!