Protester in Bahrain dies after arrest
Manama: Bahrain authorities say a detainee has died after being taken into custody during clashes between security forces and Shi’ite-led protesters.
Thursday`s statement by the Interior Ministry says public prosecutors are investigating the death. About 40 people have died in nearly a year of nonstop unrest between Bahrain`s Sunni monarchy and the island kingdom`s majority Shi’ites seeking a greater voice in government and security affairs.
The brief statement gave no further details on the death, but said the detainee was hospitalised and accused of "vandalism" during widespread demonstrations on Wednesday.
Bahrain is home to the US Navy`s 5th Fleet.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?