Protesters across Turkey demand PM`s resignation
Istanbul: Protests erupted in 11 Turkish cities Tuesday evening demanding Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan`s resignation after an audio recording of him discussing a plan to hide money from police got leaked.
Thousands of people took to the streets in the capital Ankara as well as Istanbul, Izmir, Antalya and other cities, Xinhua reported.
In the recording, Erdogan and his son Bilal allegedly discussed a plan to hide $1 billion worth of cash in several houses on the day when police raided a number of venues in a massive corruption investigation.
The probe has implicated sons of three Turkish ministers, the chief of the state bank and some businessmen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!