Protesters attack 5 Syrian embassies
London: Demonstrators have stormed five Syrian
embassies in Europe and the Middle East after Syrian forces
reportedly killed more than 200 people in the city of Homs.
In Europe, protesters forced their way into the Syrian
embassies in London and Athens today, prompting some arrests
and causing minor damage.
Britain`s Foreign Office condemned the break-in, which it
said put two police officers in the hospital with minor
British police said six people were arrested following a
demonstration that began in London at 0630 IST today and drew
around 150 protesters.
Scotland Yard said five men were arrested for forcing
entry into the embassy on London`s wealthy Belgrave Square,
while a sixth was arrested for assaulting police. Scotland
Yard said all six remain in custody.
A similar scene played out in Athens, where police said 13
people, 12 Syrians and one Iraqi national were detained after
forcing their way into the Syrian Embassy before dawn.
In Germany, 20 people forced their way into Syria`s
Embassy in Berlin yesterday and damaged offices there, police
Syrian protesters in Cairo set part of the embassy on fire
yesterday night, while protesters in Kuwait broke windows at
the embassy and hoisted the opposition flag.
The Kuwait news agency said a number of security personnel
were hurt in scuffles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'