Protesters attack 5 Syrian embassies
London: Demonstrators have stormed five Syrian
embassies in Europe and the Middle East after Syrian forces
reportedly killed more than 200 people in the city of Homs.
In Europe, protesters forced their way into the Syrian
embassies in London and Athens today, prompting some arrests
and causing minor damage.
Britain`s Foreign Office condemned the break-in, which it
said put two police officers in the hospital with minor
British police said six people were arrested following a
demonstration that began in London at 0630 IST today and drew
around 150 protesters.
Scotland Yard said five men were arrested for forcing
entry into the embassy on London`s wealthy Belgrave Square,
while a sixth was arrested for assaulting police. Scotland
Yard said all six remain in custody.
A similar scene played out in Athens, where police said 13
people, 12 Syrians and one Iraqi national were detained after
forcing their way into the Syrian Embassy before dawn.
In Germany, 20 people forced their way into Syria`s
Embassy in Berlin yesterday and damaged offices there, police
Syrian protesters in Cairo set part of the embassy on fire
yesterday night, while protesters in Kuwait broke windows at
the embassy and hoisted the opposition flag.
The Kuwait news agency said a number of security personnel
were hurt in scuffles.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram