Protesters attack 5 Syrian embassies
London: Demonstrators have stormed five Syrian
embassies in Europe and the Middle East after Syrian forces
reportedly killed more than 200 people in the city of Homs.
In Europe, protesters forced their way into the Syrian
embassies in London and Athens today, prompting some arrests
and causing minor damage.
Britain`s Foreign Office condemned the break-in, which it
said put two police officers in the hospital with minor
British police said six people were arrested following a
demonstration that began in London at 0630 IST today and drew
around 150 protesters.
Scotland Yard said five men were arrested for forcing
entry into the embassy on London`s wealthy Belgrave Square,
while a sixth was arrested for assaulting police. Scotland
Yard said all six remain in custody.
A similar scene played out in Athens, where police said 13
people, 12 Syrians and one Iraqi national were detained after
forcing their way into the Syrian Embassy before dawn.
In Germany, 20 people forced their way into Syria`s
Embassy in Berlin yesterday and damaged offices there, police
Syrian protesters in Cairo set part of the embassy on fire
yesterday night, while protesters in Kuwait broke windows at
the embassy and hoisted the opposition flag.
The Kuwait news agency said a number of security personnel
were hurt in scuffles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars