Protesters in Jordan pelt Parliament with eggs
Amman: Dozens of Jordanians have pelted the Parliament with eggs, demanding the dismissal of the Prime Minister and all Parliament members.
The police briefly scuffled with the egg-hurling protesters, after which the rally ended peacefully.
Protests inspired by Arab uprisings have spread to Jordan but on a lesser scale.
Thursday`s protesters were angered that lawmakers this week cleared Prime Minister Marouf al-Bakhit of involvement in a casino scandal during his previous 2005-2007 term.
At the time, his Cabinet approved the country`s first gambling house in violation of Islamic law.
The Parliament implicated al-Bakhit`s ex-tourism minister, but acquitted the Premier. The protesters say al-Bakhit is also responsible. They plan more demonstrations for Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing