Public confidence in US Congress hits 10 pc low: Gallup Poll
Washington: Public confidence in US Congress has reduced to a historic low, a new survey has revealed.
A survey conducted by Gallup showed that the percentage of Americans who had confidence in Congress is now down to 10 percent, ranking last on a list of 16 societal institutions, while Democrats, Independents and Republicans are equally likely to show lesser confidence.
Gallup`s Elizabeth Mendes and Joy Wilke said that Congress` score has been the lowest for any institution on their record.
However, military has the highest confidence rate of 76 percent followed by small businesses and police.
The survey further showed that apart from Congress the lowest to score are the HMOs and organised labour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding