Public confidence in US Congress hits 10 pc low: Gallup Poll
Washington: Public confidence in US Congress has reduced to a historic low, a new survey has revealed.
A survey conducted by Gallup showed that the percentage of Americans who had confidence in Congress is now down to 10 percent, ranking last on a list of 16 societal institutions, while Democrats, Independents and Republicans are equally likely to show lesser confidence.
Gallup`s Elizabeth Mendes and Joy Wilke said that Congress` score has been the lowest for any institution on their record.
However, military has the highest confidence rate of 76 percent followed by small businesses and police.
The survey further showed that apart from Congress the lowest to score are the HMOs and organised labour.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'