Puerto Rico doctor found guilty in son`s death
San Juan: A Puerto Rico doctor has been found guilty of negligent homicide in the death of her toddler whom police say she accidentally left in a hot car for several hours.
Dr Cynthia Galinaltis is scheduled to be sentenced on July 02.
It is unclear if her attorneys plan to appeal the judge`s decision that was issued on Friday.
Police said Galinaltis apparently forgot to drop the boy off at daycare on her way to work in April 2011. Local media have said her husband usually took the child to the centre.
Authorities said the 21-month-old boy died from hyperthermia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report