Puerto Rico doctor found guilty in son`s death
San Juan: A Puerto Rico doctor has been found guilty of negligent homicide in the death of her toddler whom police say she accidentally left in a hot car for several hours.
Dr Cynthia Galinaltis is scheduled to be sentenced on July 02.
It is unclear if her attorneys plan to appeal the judge`s decision that was issued on Friday.
Police said Galinaltis apparently forgot to drop the boy off at daycare on her way to work in April 2011. Local media have said her husband usually took the child to the centre.
Authorities said the 21-month-old boy died from hyperthermia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended