Punishment for not displaying sadness over Kim death
Pyongyang: North Korean authorities are reportedly punishing citizens who did not display enough sadness over the death of long-term ruler Kim Jong Il.
The Daily NK, an online newspaper based in South Korea quoted a source, as saying that the “authorities are handing down at least six months in a labour-training camp to anybody who didn’t participate in the organised gatherings during the mourning period, or who did participate but didn’t cry and didn’t seem genuine.”
According to Fox News, the Daily NK that is run by opponents of the North Korean government, said the source reported that those critical of the country`s dynastic system, which saw Kim replaced by his son Kim Jong un, were being sent to re-education camps or banished with their families to remote areas.
Sources also revealed that public trials were being held for those who attempted to leave North Korea during the mourning period and even for those who used mobile phones to call out.
Sixty-nine-year-old Kim Jong Il died of fatigue during a train ride on December 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof