Purpose of Indo-US Strategic Dialogue is to think big: Blake
Washington: The main purpose of the next
week Indo-US Strategic Dialogue here is to think big and think
strategically and not to focus much on deliverables, a top US
official has said.
"There will be deliverables; I don`t want to talk
about the deliverables now. But we are really not focused that
much on deliverables.
The purpose of this dialogue is really to think
strategically and, again, to get the key people who work on
these issues together to think ahead to the (US) President`s
visit and to think strategically about what we can do,"
Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia Robert
Blake said yesterday.
"It`s not so much to have a review of all the things
that we have done. We know what we have done. It`s really to
And when we have all of these senior-level officials
together in one place, we have to take maximum advantage of
their time and, again, use it productively," Blake said.
"So that`s the real purpose of the strategic
dialogue. It is not to supplant the 18 different dialogues
that we have, headed by all these different cabinet ministers
on both sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world