Putin bans internet alcohol advertisements
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin Saturday signed a law prohibiting advertising of alcohol drinks over the Russian segment of the internet and print media, the Kremlin said.
The ban on alcohol advertisements on the internet comes into force since the day of the official publication of the law. Advertisements in print media will be banned starting Jan 1, 2013, as these media have annual contracts and should have the opportunity to fulfill their terms.
Experts and market participants polled by Prime news agency said it would be hard to enforce the ban and it might result in an outflow of advertisers to foreign websites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read