Putin condoles death of sailors in INS Sindhurakshk
New Delhi: Russian President Vladimir Putin has condoled the death of Indian Navymen in the explosion in and sinking of submarine INS Sindhurakshak.
In identical letters to President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Putin said "accept my sincere condolences in connection with the tragic death of Indian seamen caused by the explosion in the submarine Sindhurakshak".
He conveyed "deep sympathy" to the relatives and dear ones of the sailors who died.
A series of explosions had rocked INS Sindhurakshak at the dockyard in Mumbai on Tuesday night, sinking the vessel in which 18 personnel including three officers are feared killed.
The diesel-electric submarine had recently come back from Russia after a Rs 450-crore extensive upgrade in that country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?