Putin condoles death of sailors in INS Sindhurakshk
New Delhi: Russian President Vladimir Putin has condoled the death of Indian Navymen in the explosion in and sinking of submarine INS Sindhurakshak.
In identical letters to President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Putin said "accept my sincere condolences in connection with the tragic death of Indian seamen caused by the explosion in the submarine Sindhurakshak".
He conveyed "deep sympathy" to the relatives and dear ones of the sailors who died.
A series of explosions had rocked INS Sindhurakshak at the dockyard in Mumbai on Tuesday night, sinking the vessel in which 18 personnel including three officers are feared killed.
The diesel-electric submarine had recently come back from Russia after a Rs 450-crore extensive upgrade in that country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living