Putin condoles death of sailors in INS Sindhurakshk
New Delhi: Russian President Vladimir Putin has condoled the death of Indian Navymen in the explosion in and sinking of submarine INS Sindhurakshak.
In identical letters to President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Putin said "accept my sincere condolences in connection with the tragic death of Indian seamen caused by the explosion in the submarine Sindhurakshak".
He conveyed "deep sympathy" to the relatives and dear ones of the sailors who died.
A series of explosions had rocked INS Sindhurakshak at the dockyard in Mumbai on Tuesday night, sinking the vessel in which 18 personnel including three officers are feared killed.
The diesel-electric submarine had recently come back from Russia after a Rs 450-crore extensive upgrade in that country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'