Putin condoles death of sailors in INS Sindhurakshk
New Delhi: Russian President Vladimir Putin has condoled the death of Indian Navymen in the explosion in and sinking of submarine INS Sindhurakshak.
In identical letters to President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Putin said "accept my sincere condolences in connection with the tragic death of Indian seamen caused by the explosion in the submarine Sindhurakshak".
He conveyed "deep sympathy" to the relatives and dear ones of the sailors who died.
A series of explosions had rocked INS Sindhurakshak at the dockyard in Mumbai on Tuesday night, sinking the vessel in which 18 personnel including three officers are feared killed.
The diesel-electric submarine had recently come back from Russia after a Rs 450-crore extensive upgrade in that country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Union Cabinet reshuffle? PM Modi seeks 'self appraisal' report from NDA govt ministers
- Rio Olympics: IOC denies wild card entry to Mary Kom for quadrennial event
- Hall of Shame: SBI says no law broken in funding cluster bomb maker
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Case filed in UP court
- Shocking! 'Incorruptible' ex-BSP MLA, family live in tarpaulin tent by roadside - Know why