Putin had cosmetic surgery?
London: Speculation is rife that Russian
Prime Minister Vladimir Putin may have had cosmetic surgery
to look younger ahead of his bid to return to the top job of
president next March.
The 59-year-old`s taut and wrinkle-free appearance
on a TV show on Thursday set micro-blogging site `Twitter` abuzz
with rumours that he has gone under the knife.
In fact, that many ordinary Russians believe Putin has
had cosmetic surgery became clear when the Russian word for
"Botox" became one of the most popular words used on Twitter,
the media reported.
Eagle-eyed observers have suggested on Twitter that
Putin`s face has become suspiciously smooth and that the skin
around his eyes is almost totally clear of bags and wrinkles
which were visible just a decade ago.
Of late, the Russian Prime Minister has been carefully
cultivating his macho image -- riding a horse bare-chested,
tracking tigers, and flying a fighter jet.
He has been photographed fishing bare-chested in Russia`s
Altai region, and was shown on TV diving into an icy river and
swimming the butterfly stroke.
Last year, he attached a satellite-tracking collar on
a tranquilised polar bear. He also had shot a Siberian tiger
with a tranquiliser gun and released leopards into a wildlife
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt