Putin `may` meet Ukraine leader at World Cup: Spokesman
Buenos Aires: Russian President Vladimir Putin could meet with his Ukrainian counterpart Petro Poroshenko at the World Cup final, his spokesman said on Saturday as the crisis between the two countries escalated.
After Brazilian officials said Poroshenko had accepted an invitation to attend tomorrow`s final in Rio de Janeiro, Putin`s spokesman Dmitry Peskov said a meeting between the two could not be ruled out.
"We haven`t prepared any separate meeting, but we have been informed that he will also be there," Peskov told journalists in Buenos Aires, where the Russian president met with his Argentine counterpart Cristina Kirchner ahead of his visit to Brazil to watch the World Cup final.
"There will be a separate table inside the stadium for the leaders, so it is of course impossible to rule out that they could meet."
Putin and Poroshenko spoke briefly last month when their paths crossed at D-Day anniversary celebrations in Normandy, their first meeting since the pro-Western Ukrainian leader was elected in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack