Putin, Medvedev may name 3rd candidate for Prez
Moscow: Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and Prime Minister Vladimir Putin may propose another candidate for the Presidential Elections in 2012, an official said.
"There are three equal scenarios - first, Medvedev; second, Putin; and third, some third person whose candidacy has already been coordinated by them (the President and Prime Minister," said Sergei Mironov, former speaker of the Russian Federation Council.
Mironov currently heads the State Duma faction of the A Just Russia party.
He said Putin and Medvedev had already agreed upon everything but will not make their decision public before the start of the election campaign "because if one of them is announced as a candidate, the other becomes a lame duck".
Communist Party leader Gennady Zyuganov, Liberal Democratic Party head Vladimir Zhirinovsky and tycoon Mikhail Prokhorov also leader of the Right Cause party, are likely to join the presidential campaign, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj