Putin, Medvedev may name 3rd candidate for Prez
Moscow: Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and Prime Minister Vladimir Putin may propose another candidate for the Presidential Elections in 2012, an official said.
"There are three equal scenarios - first, Medvedev; second, Putin; and third, some third person whose candidacy has already been coordinated by them (the President and Prime Minister," said Sergei Mironov, former speaker of the Russian Federation Council.
Mironov currently heads the State Duma faction of the A Just Russia party.
He said Putin and Medvedev had already agreed upon everything but will not make their decision public before the start of the election campaign "because if one of them is announced as a candidate, the other becomes a lame duck".
Communist Party leader Gennady Zyuganov, Liberal Democratic Party head Vladimir Zhirinovsky and tycoon Mikhail Prokhorov also leader of the Right Cause party, are likely to join the presidential campaign, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof