Putin, Medvedev may name 3rd candidate for Prez
Moscow: Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and Prime Minister Vladimir Putin may propose another candidate for the Presidential Elections in 2012, an official said.
"There are three equal scenarios - first, Medvedev; second, Putin; and third, some third person whose candidacy has already been coordinated by them (the President and Prime Minister," said Sergei Mironov, former speaker of the Russian Federation Council.
Mironov currently heads the State Duma faction of the A Just Russia party.
He said Putin and Medvedev had already agreed upon everything but will not make their decision public before the start of the election campaign "because if one of them is announced as a candidate, the other becomes a lame duck".
Communist Party leader Gennady Zyuganov, Liberal Democratic Party head Vladimir Zhirinovsky and tycoon Mikhail Prokhorov also leader of the Right Cause party, are likely to join the presidential campaign, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference