Putin, Medvedev may name 3rd candidate for Prez
Moscow: Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and Prime Minister Vladimir Putin may propose another candidate for the Presidential Elections in 2012, an official said.
"There are three equal scenarios - first, Medvedev; second, Putin; and third, some third person whose candidacy has already been coordinated by them (the President and Prime Minister," said Sergei Mironov, former speaker of the Russian Federation Council.
Mironov currently heads the State Duma faction of the A Just Russia party.
He said Putin and Medvedev had already agreed upon everything but will not make their decision public before the start of the election campaign "because if one of them is announced as a candidate, the other becomes a lame duck".
Communist Party leader Gennady Zyuganov, Liberal Democratic Party head Vladimir Zhirinovsky and tycoon Mikhail Prokhorov also leader of the Right Cause party, are likely to join the presidential campaign, he said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh Board CGBSE 10th X Class High School (HS) Exam Results 2016
- #CongressPlanningRiots is trending on Twitter. Here's why
- UMANG: This pan-India app will give you access to all government services
- CPI-M, BJP can't beat TMC in West Bengal, no post-poll alliance with Congress: Mamata Banerjee