Putin offers China quake recovery help
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin offered China assistance on Saturday in helping recover from a quake that struck the southwest Sichuan province and killed at least 71 people, the Kremlin said.
Putin sent Chinese President Xi Jinping a telegramme expressing his condolences and offering help.
"The Russian leader affirmed Russia`s readiness in case of need to provide assistance in dealing with the consequences of this damaging natural disaster," the Kremlin said in a statement.
China`s Xinhua news agency, quoting the China Earthquake Administration, said on Saturday that the death toll had risen of 71 people, with a further 600 people injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!