Putin offers China quake recovery help
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin offered China assistance on Saturday in helping recover from a quake that struck the southwest Sichuan province and killed at least 71 people, the Kremlin said.
Putin sent Chinese President Xi Jinping a telegramme expressing his condolences and offering help.
"The Russian leader affirmed Russia`s readiness in case of need to provide assistance in dealing with the consequences of this damaging natural disaster," the Kremlin said in a statement.
China`s Xinhua news agency, quoting the China Earthquake Administration, said on Saturday that the death toll had risen of 71 people, with a further 600 people injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital