Putin planning to don ‘fake beak’, fly hang-glider
Washington: Russian President Vladimir Putin, known for his bizarre and macho stunts, is now reportedly planning to put on a fake beak and fly a motorised hang-glider to lead a flock of endangered Siberian white cranes as they migrate to Asia.
The bizarre move is being pondered over by Putin as the Siberian cranes have been raised in captivity and do not know how to fly south.
Putin`s spokesman Dmitry Peskov claimed that the flight is to take place "one of these days”.
According to Fox News, Putin has been much involved in an array of macho stunts lately, including posing with a tiger cub and riding a horse bare-chested.
In another incident, Putin was shown scuba diving and bringing up fragments of ancient Greek amphorae. But his spokesperson later admitted that the artefacts had been planted on the sea floor for the Russian President to grab, the report said.
The stunts by Putin have also irritated his opponents, who do not regard them as ‘benign political entertainment’ but as part of an establishment of a cult of personality lionising an authoritarian leader, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued