Putin planning to don ‘fake beak’, fly hang-glider
Washington: Russian President Vladimir Putin, known for his bizarre and macho stunts, is now reportedly planning to put on a fake beak and fly a motorised hang-glider to lead a flock of endangered Siberian white cranes as they migrate to Asia.
The bizarre move is being pondered over by Putin as the Siberian cranes have been raised in captivity and do not know how to fly south.
Putin`s spokesman Dmitry Peskov claimed that the flight is to take place "one of these days”.
According to Fox News, Putin has been much involved in an array of macho stunts lately, including posing with a tiger cub and riding a horse bare-chested.
In another incident, Putin was shown scuba diving and bringing up fragments of ancient Greek amphorae. But his spokesperson later admitted that the artefacts had been planted on the sea floor for the Russian President to grab, the report said.
The stunts by Putin have also irritated his opponents, who do not regard them as ‘benign political entertainment’ but as part of an establishment of a cult of personality lionising an authoritarian leader, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!