Putin regrets traffic jams caused by his motorcade
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin sympathizes with motorists who face inconvenience from street closures that help the movement of his motorcade through the traffic-clogged city, but says nothing can be done about it.
"I regret and extend my apologies for the inconvenience," Putin said in an interview on the NTV television network. "I truly feel bad about it."
Sometimes, Putin said, he hears unhappy motorists honking their horns as his motorcade speeds past.
"Unfortunately, only on rare occasions can helicopters be used to get around in Moscow," he said.
When reminded that French President Francois Hollande stopped at all red lights as he rode to his inauguration, Putin said: "He`s a good guy, but I don`t engage in populism. There`s work to be done."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested