Putin says Moscow, Dagestan attacks may be linked
Moscow: Russian Prime Minister Vladimir
Putin on Wednesday said the same gang which carried out the suicide
blasts in Moscow metro could be behind today`s bombings in the
country`s volatile North Caucasus region of Dagestan that
killed at least 12 people.
"One more crime has been committed in Daghestan,
one more terrorist attack. I do not rule out that one and the
same gang was involved," Putin said in televised remarks at
the meeting of his inner cabinet.
The Premier ordered Interior Minister Rashid
Nurgaliyev to send police reinforcements to Daghestan and
other regions of Caucasus region to tighten security.
"For us it is not significant, that in which part
of the country such crimes are committed, not at all
significant, who became its victim, of which ethnic or
religious group they belong. For us this is a crime against
Russia," Putin said.
Today`s blast in Daghestan comes just two days after
two Chechen women suicide bombers blew themselves up at
crowded metro trains in Moscow killing 39 people.
According to the Daghestani Investigation Committee,
the force of the first blast of explosive laden Niva jeep in
Kizlyar was equivalent to 200 Kg TNT creating a 5 meter wide
and two meter deep crater.
12 people, including the local police chief and his
eight subordinates were killed in the second suicide
attack by a man in police uniform. He has been identified as a
Kizlyar town borders the restive province of
Chechnya and has witnessed a bloody raid by Chechen militants
in 1995, during the course of first Chechnya war under
ex-President Boris Yeltsin.
Meanwhile, Life.ru website has posted photos of the
intact heads of female suicide bombers of Moscow metro
stations, which were used by police for quick identification.
The police have also released a sketch of a man,
who is reported to have triggered the explosive belts carried
on them by the suicide bombers with the help of his mobile
phone at both the stations, Life.ru reported.
It said, unlike at Lubyanka station under the FSB
security service headquarters, where 25 people were killed,
the second belt carried by woman bomber in Park Kultury did
not explode that is why only 12 people died there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you