Putin says Moscow, Dagestan attacks may be linked
Moscow: Russian Prime Minister Vladimir
Putin on Wednesday said the same gang which carried out the suicide
blasts in Moscow metro could be behind today`s bombings in the
country`s volatile North Caucasus region of Dagestan that
killed at least 12 people.
"One more crime has been committed in Daghestan,
one more terrorist attack. I do not rule out that one and the
same gang was involved," Putin said in televised remarks at
the meeting of his inner cabinet.
The Premier ordered Interior Minister Rashid
Nurgaliyev to send police reinforcements to Daghestan and
other regions of Caucasus region to tighten security.
"For us it is not significant, that in which part
of the country such crimes are committed, not at all
significant, who became its victim, of which ethnic or
religious group they belong. For us this is a crime against
Russia," Putin said.
Today`s blast in Daghestan comes just two days after
two Chechen women suicide bombers blew themselves up at
crowded metro trains in Moscow killing 39 people.
According to the Daghestani Investigation Committee,
the force of the first blast of explosive laden Niva jeep in
Kizlyar was equivalent to 200 Kg TNT creating a 5 meter wide
and two meter deep crater.
12 people, including the local police chief and his
eight subordinates were killed in the second suicide
attack by a man in police uniform. He has been identified as a
Kizlyar town borders the restive province of
Chechnya and has witnessed a bloody raid by Chechen militants
in 1995, during the course of first Chechnya war under
ex-President Boris Yeltsin.
Meanwhile, Life.ru website has posted photos of the
intact heads of female suicide bombers of Moscow metro
stations, which were used by police for quick identification.
The police have also released a sketch of a man,
who is reported to have triggered the explosive belts carried
on them by the suicide bombers with the help of his mobile
phone at both the stations, Life.ru reported.
It said, unlike at Lubyanka station under the FSB
security service headquarters, where 25 people were killed,
the second belt carried by woman bomber in Park Kultury did
not explode that is why only 12 people died there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...