Putin set to visit Turkey after break in travel
Moscow: The Kremlin says Vladimir Putin will visit Turkey next week, a trip that follows an unusual break in the Russian President`s travel that has fuelled speculation about his health.
Putin`s office announced today that the one-day visit to Istanbul Monday will focus on economic issues.
Putin was expected to visit Turkey in October, but he postponed that and several other foreign trips, and spent most of the past two months at his suburban residence, visiting the
Kremlin only rarely. The hiatus in travel has triggered a swirl of rumours about Putin`s condition.
One newspaper report claimed Putin had injured his back in a widely publicised flight with Siberian cranes in a motorised hang glider in September. His spokesman denied that and said that Putin pulled a muscle during judo training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'