Putin set to visit Turkey after break in travel
Moscow: The Kremlin says Vladimir Putin will visit Turkey next week, a trip that follows an unusual break in the Russian President`s travel that has fuelled speculation about his health.
Putin`s office announced today that the one-day visit to Istanbul Monday will focus on economic issues.
Putin was expected to visit Turkey in October, but he postponed that and several other foreign trips, and spent most of the past two months at his suburban residence, visiting the
Kremlin only rarely. The hiatus in travel has triggered a swirl of rumours about Putin`s condition.
One newspaper report claimed Putin had injured his back in a widely publicised flight with Siberian cranes in a motorised hang glider in September. His spokesman denied that and said that Putin pulled a muscle during judo training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan