Putin signs US-Russia visa pact
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed the ratification of an agreement with the United States that substantially eases the visa regime for both countries` citizens.
The agreement allows Russians and Americans to get three-year multi-entry visas under which they can stay for up to six consecutive months. It also eliminates Russia`s requirement that visitors get a letter of invitation, although tourists will still need to show advance accommodation bookings.
Easing the laborious and limiting visa system is expected to boost business contacts between the countries and improve tourism, particularly of Americans coming to Russia.
Although Putin`s signing was announced today, the new measures will not go into effect until after both countries exchange notes certifying that preparations for the changes have been completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video