Putin speaks out on Syria settlement plan
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin Monday articulated his plan for a peaceful settlement to the civil conflict in Syria.
"We believe that the course of action should be as follows -- ending violence, conducting negotiations, searching for a solution, laying down a constitutional basis for the future society, and only then introducing structural changes, not vice versa," Putin said.
"The other way around there would only be chaos," the president said at a meeting with Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti.
If incumbent President Bashar al-Assad is removed from power unconstitutionally, the civil war in the country would be "endless", Putin added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi