Putin speaks out on Syria settlement plan
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin Monday articulated his plan for a peaceful settlement to the civil conflict in Syria.
"We believe that the course of action should be as follows -- ending violence, conducting negotiations, searching for a solution, laying down a constitutional basis for the future society, and only then introducing structural changes, not vice versa," Putin said.
"The other way around there would only be chaos," the president said at a meeting with Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti.
If incumbent President Bashar al-Assad is removed from power unconstitutionally, the civil war in the country would be "endless", Putin added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation