Putin spokesman hopes ties with US `remain good`
Moscow: Dmitry Peskov, spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin, has said he hopes Russia`s relations with the US will remain good regardless of who wins the Nov 6 presidential elections in the country.
"I would like to hope there will be no place for confrontational words and statements," Peskov said Friday.
"American voters will decide who will win that race. For us, the key thing is to be confident that regardless of the result, (bilateral) relations will continue to develop and both sides will have the political will for dialogue, for the resolution of all disputable issues through political and diplomatic means," he said.
US Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney earlier this year said in an interview with CNN that Russia is America`s "number one geopolitical foe".
Putin said in an interview with RT TV that Russia is ready to work with the next US president regardless of who wins the elections, so long as the person is ready to work with Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29