Putin to hold talks with Ahmadinejad
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin will meet his Iranian counterpart Mahmoud Ahmadinejad next week prior to an international round of talks on Iran`s nuclear programme, a presidential aide said Sunday.
The meeting will allow Putin to "feel the heat surrounding the Iranian problem and see how this issue is perceived in Tehran", said Yuri Ushakov, an advisor to Putin on foreign policy.
Putin will meet with Ahmadinejad on the sidelines of the 12th Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit to be held June 6-7 in Beijing.
Iran is an observer nation at the SCO. The meeting will be held before world powers gather in Moscow June 18-19 to discuss Iran`s nuclear programme.
"We weren`t too happy with the results of the last round of talks, but we determined the mutual readiness to continue the discussion," Ushakov said.
At the Moscow meeting, Russia will "promote the thought that Iran`s right to develop peaceful energy under the oversight of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) should be approved."
In Beijing, Putin will also meet with Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai, Ushakov said, adding that negotiations with Karzai will be "interesting and useful" for both Russia and Afghanistan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan